Design Process and Schedule of Charges: as of March 2022
- The Initial Consultation briefing meeting determines the scope of your project. The meeting can be done on site, in our studio, or via zoom. This meeting is approx. 1-2 hours long and we charge for this initial consult at our hourly rate.
- Scope and Terms of Engagement: After the initial meeting, we send a letter out to you which details the brief and scope of work, that you have asked us to complete. This includes an estimate of cost for the design stage and needs to be read and signed off by you before any further work can commence. This is an estimate, NOT a fixed quote. It clarifies, both for Designworx and for you, what you have asked us to do. This contract contains our Terms of Trade.
- Invoiced on completion of Initial Consult meeting and receipt of Scope.
- Design work is carried out.
- Design Direction meeting: Often we will ask you to come over to our studio and we will run through initial products we have sourced. This ensures that we are heading in the right direction and you are happy with the design overview. No written schedule or specifications are given to you at this stage.
- Design Presentation meeting: We will present to you a full written schedule of recommendations, design and drafting, products, and specifications for your scheme. Samples of products we recommend are usually available to take away with you for a few days so that you have a chance to assimilate this information.
- 50% design estimate deposit. 50% balance on completion or progress payments.
Project Implementation Stage:
- When you are ready to implement this design, we can help you orchestrate the manufacture and install of your interior scheme. We work with a high-quality team of trades to ensure the best results. You may decide to stagger implementation over a period, rather than all at once.
- Implementation includes trades / suppliers’ meetings, client liaison, all design relevant processes to organise your quotes, ordering and follow-up of product, and install.
- Invoiced weekly based on Project Implementation hours.
Charge out rates:
• Hourly rate: $180.00 / hour + GST
• Interior Colour Scheme: flat fee $425.00 + GST written specifications on interior paint colour, full set of A4 paint draw downs.
• Exterior Colour Scheme: flat fee $425.00 + GST written specifications on exterior paint colour, full set of A4 paint draw downs.
• Travel charges: a standard travel charge of $1.05/km + GST is applicable to inner Auckland consultation work. Out of Auckland work is charged on a pro-rata or hourly basis
• Disbursement are on charged.
• Samples: costs incurred for samples will be on-charged to clients
• Freight: Freight costs for product delivered, or samples returned, will be on-charged.
• Products: any products sourced for clients, and/or schemes designed for clients, remain the property of Designworx until paid for in full.